Thursday, April 9, 2009

Please Pray

Our town of Mena was hit by a tornado a couple of hours ago. My sister and her husband just bought a house right in the middle of where it hit. They haven't moved into it yet b/c they are doing a lot of remodeling to it. The thought never crossed my mind that they would be at the house working.....We always send each other texts to let each other know we're okay when there's a tornado around. I sent my text to both of my sisters and never received one back. I didn't panic, just kept trying to get ahold of Kim (the one who is in town). I knew my other sis was ok b/c there wasn't a tornado in her area. My bro in law called my husband to let us know that they were ok but their house was hit (they were in it) and my sis's tahoe was demolished. Then I started freaking out. I'm the scattered one of the family that can't hold back emotions. I immediately started bawling and begging Ty to take me to her. I needed to see for myself that they were ok. Of course he took me, but they had EVERYTHING blocked off so we couldn't get through. Our cell phones are in and out so I still (2 1/2 hours later) haven't been able to talk to her. At least she's ok. I know that GOD was with her and her family. There's a reason I pray for the safety of each and every family member every day! =) Please pray for all of those affected. Ty is in town right now (he's a little stubborn and determined). He is checking up on Kim and Damon along with his grandparents (whose house was also hit).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God that everyone is safe...I know that he had his hand over all of you all... We love you so much...

Casey said...

Oh I'm so sorry! I am very thankful that everyone is okay as well!! We didn't/don't know exactly where it hit. We were very greatful to find out that all of our family was okay too.

JAMIE said...

I'm so glad to hear from you. I was thinking about you and your family. Glad to hear everyone is okay. How is Kim's house?

Sarah said...

Those were nasty storms!! We were definitely praying and will continue to do so. I'm glad your sister and her family are ok!

Kim said...

Thank God they are ok! I was a nervous wreck trying to call everyone. I was so scared not being able to get through to anyone. So I guess I am the emotional one in my family! I am still so worried, so I have been praying all morning that no one else was hurt!

jill said...

glad to hear everyone is okay. woke up and saw mena on good morning america and was worried about you guys!!! praying for your family today.

Stephanie said...

OMG!! that is so scary! I am glad that you all are safe. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

holli!!! i heard this morning and immediatly called brin, she called back a few min later and told me about kim's house....i am soo sorry! but i am so glad her and damon are ok! i will be keeping you guys in my prayers! let us know if you need anything! miss you! love you!

Lane said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about that. At least they are ok. Did it do anything to the house?

We almost had them here last night as well. I was freaking out to say the least. I'm petrified of tornados!

Lane said...

Oh I meant to tell you that when I saw you wrote on my blog I came to check yours out...I noticed your last name is Plunkett. I used to go to school with a guy named John Plunkett. Not a usual last name!

Jonnie Honse said...

What a wonderful thing to hear that your families were safe! I'm so glad to hear that Kim, Damon and baby were okay!