Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's better to GIVE than to receive

If there's one thing that breaks my heart, it's kids that have no Christmas. Our church is sponsoring a Children's Home in Hot Springs, AR. They have 54 kids that will be getting no Christmas presents. So we got to choose names today to buy them presents! I'm so excited because I want to teach my kids that they should always be givers. I encourage each of you to find a Children's Home near you and bless a child with a Christmas gift. And let's face it.....there are tons of them. I think it would be so awesome to be the one to take the presents to them, but I know me.....I would bring at least 10 kiddos home with me! Always remember....it's better to GIVE than to receive.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Do you have any suggestions? I have a soft spot for kids as well and would love to bless one with a gift this holiday season.

JAMIE said...

Great post, Holli. Tis the Season for Giving.