Wednesday, August 19, 2009

1st Day Drama

The first day of school started GREAT! Trevin was excited to start preschool, and I was excited to be able to take him even though I teach at a school 20 miles down the road. (Awesome principal!) Of course I was snapping pictures left and right of my handsome preschooler. I left the school and headed to meet all of my new 2nd graders. As I arrived, I was rushing in and being the clumsy preggo person that I am.......BAM! I fell walking up the stairs. (Quite embarrassing, I know.) I cringed through the pain but hurried on my way to class. Well, the more I walked on my foot, the worse it got. By lunch, I couldn't stand on it. My principal used to be a coach, so he came and checked it out. I was instructed to go have some x-rays taken. The rest is history. I'm now a crippled teacher with a sprained ankle and crutches. AND IN A LOT OF PAIN :( Anyways....Here's Trevin outside of his classroom.
Couldn't let the morning slip by without a picture with my little man!

Working at his table.
With his teacher, Mrs. House. (AKA Aunt Bri Bri!)

My sweet neice, Jayden. She started kindergarten today.

As for me....Well, I'll be taking it easy with my foot propped up and as much pain meds as I'm allowed to take.






9 comments:

Jonnie Honse said...

Oh Holli....I hope your ankle heals quickly. I sure it's very painful. Hope your second day of school is much better.

JAMIE said...

Oh no! That's no fun!

Sarah said...

That's awful! At least your boys had good first days of school! Hope your ankle heals quickly!

jill said...

girrrrl! bless your heart! hope you're feeling better tonight ... but at least your toes look good! ha! hope the first day was good. i get kids on monday. eek!

WaitingandHoping said...

I'm sorry Holli! This totally stinks! Let me know if I can help you at all!

And your toes look cute--at least you had them painted good for this unexpected event!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you hurt yourself! Take is easy, as easy as you can with a new room full of second graders and your own children to worry about :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no! This is not good. I hope you get a lot of rest, but I am guessing with back to school time - it is not so easy. Your baby looked so cute working at his table. Hope he has a great year and I hope your foot feels better quickly.

Anonymous said...

im so sorry about your ankle! you're the 2nd prego gal i know who has sprained their ankle this last week! so dont feel to bad.

also didnt know that brin is trevin's teacher! that is to funny!

Lane said...

Oh no! Hope your ankle heals quick! I bet that's not much fun while being pregnant! Congratulations! :)