Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Cooper Zain!

I can't believe my baby Cooper is 2! Where has the time gone? Kids grow up way too fast. We had his birthday party tonight and his birthday was yesterday. Trevin insists that Cooper is 3 now because he got two days of birthday. Poor thing, he just won't believe us! Here is the birthday boy! My sister and I worked together to make his shirt. Thanks Aunt Bri Bri!
His birthday banner
His cake....okay so I'm definitely not a baker. I had such a cute cake in mind to make him. Of course I didn't make a practice go at it. So today about 5 hours before the party I got to work. All was well until I added the 4th layer. Then all went downhill. It caved in on me. So as you're looking at his not so cute cake, please ignore the grand canyon in the middle of it and imagine that it's a nice smooth square that has all perfect sides. (My hubby insisted that I order a cake when he saw it. Such a support system! Ha!)


Bubble sticks for the munchkin friends.



Table decorations




Doesn't he look thrilled?! He was ticked that we made him stand behind his cake for a picture.




Blowing out candles with help from cousin Kaleb.



Presents, presents, and more presents.







All the munchkin friends and cousins.



Aunt Kimmie taking baby Daeton's paci away from Ryder after Ryder jerked it out of baby Daeton's mouth. Can you tell which one has older brothers?


Cooper, Mommy and Daddy love you so much! We are so proud to be your parents and so blessed that we were able to see you grow another year older.











11 comments:

jill said...

happy birthday cooper!!!! i LOVE all the birthday goodies! the favors with the personalized cards are precious!!!! and so is his shirt! seriously. i loved it ALL. and the cake looked wonderful too! i don't even think i'd be brave enough to attempt that. way to go, mom!

Anonymous said...

Love the "2" stuff. The tshirt takes the cake! Great job

Kristy said...

Good job on the party! So cute!
Happy Birthday Cooper!

The Andersons said...

so cute holli! i am so sorry we missed it!
jess

Kim said...

The decorations (and his shirt) are so cute, you did a great job! Love the colors!!
He is getting so big. I can't believe it has been two years now, doesn't seem that long ago when you were pregnant with him! Time does fly!!!

Anonymous said...

his shirt turned out so cute! i cant believe brin helped you w/ that :) cant believe coop is 2! time flies! miss ya!

WaitingandHoping said...

That party looks WAY fun! You did a great job! You are so creative! Wish you'd pass some of that creativeness on to me! :) Cooper is blessed to have you as his mommy!

I posted our bunco pic on my blog!

See you Wednesday!

Stephanie said...

OMG!! That is sooo cute that he thinks he is 3! I LOVEEEE all of the decorations!! and the cake looked great! YUMMY!!! Graham's 1st birthday is fast approaching and I am seriously stressin!

Thanks for the comment on my blog!! It's always comforting to know that another baby has gone through that and everything turned out okay. and thank you for the prayers too!

The Stain Family said...

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog. I LOVE Cooper's shirt...I have that same fabric and it's fantabulous! You {and your sister!} did a great job of making his birthday shirt.

The nice thing about photographed cakes...photos are deceiving!! :) I can't tell what "grand canyon" you're talking about! When I was taking my cake class I was amazed at how well my cakes photographed...sure didn't look that good in person! ha. :)

Looks like ya'll had a fun party.

JAMIE said...

Such a fun post! Cooper looks so much like his Daddy!!!

Hollie said...

holli, it all looked so great! even the cake! you should be very proud of yourself! love all of the colors! cooper is a cutie!