Sunday, January 10, 2010

Love Dare

Has anyone else heard of the Love Dare? I heard about it on the radio last week. It's a 40 day challenge to help husbands and wives grow in their relationship together. There's a simple dare for each day. Today's dare: Ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only. I've been married to Ty for 6 1/2 years, and I feel like we have a strong and loving marriage. But with 2 (almost 3!) kids, jobs, and life in general, we tend to get sidetracked and more or less "forget" about each other. So this is exactly what we need! I'm so excited to see how we grow in our relationship as we continue the Love Dare together.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes, I have heard of it. We haven't done it, but maybe we will some day. Have you seen the movie Fireproof? The Love Dares come from that movie and it is a wonderful movie and amazing to see how the Love Dares changed the marriage of the couple in the movie. I'd highly recommend watching it, especially since you are doing the dares!

JAMIE said...

Such a good idea! I'm gonna try it!

Jonnie Honse said...

Neato! Keep us posted on your what growth you feel you achieve! And when can we see another preggo pic?